If the first few hours of 2015 are any indication of what the rest of the year is going to be like then I am in serious trouble! I tried to fix the toilet on the main floor but broke something and water sprayed everywhere and my bathroom was flooded. It was a huge mess. Greg was not happy that I woke him up so early to deal with that mess. He thinks he can fix it without us having to buy a new toilet so we shall see.
Anyhow, I am trying to be optimistic and hopeful that this year will be another stellar year. I am not really one to set resolutions but I am hoping to continue and/or improve in the following areas:
1. Run more. I haven’t ran a whole lot since my last half marathon in October. I hate that it’s dark by 5pm and not light out until 9am. It doesn’t give me a whole lot of options for running outside and I don’t like running in the dark by myself. There is an indoor track at the Y but I have yet to find myself there on a weekend morning. I must start soon though.
2. I need to work out more on my own. I push myself hard at bootcamp 2x per week but slack off after that. Occasionally I will put in a half assed workout in my basement, but who am I kidding, I barely sweat.
3. Drink more water. I really need to do this. I am not one who is dehydrated easily but really it’s just better for you. I recently read an article about a lady who started drinking 6 gallons of water per day and photographed herself everyday for 2 weeks. It was astonishing to see the differences from day to day. Not sure how accurate said article is, but it was interesting none the less.
4. I would like to be more creative. And with that comes patience. Most of my stuff looks messy or like a toddler did it because I lack patience. I need to improve on this. I have a few ideas up my sleeve to make this work. I will keep you posted on that.
5. Purge the unnecessary and decrease clutter. I have actually already started on this. The amount of stuff I have purged since we returned home from SK is unreal. Why have I kept some of this stuff for so long? It was ridiculous. I am hoping by getting get rid of so much clutter will help in the next few improvements as shown below.
6. Be more organized. I would like to be especially more organized in relation to my blog and get it going in a more better way. I am not sure what that is but hopefully I get there. I could also be organized within my house. Less stuff should help with that.
7. Clean less but have a cleaner house. This is also in relation to #5. If we have no stuff there should be no mess. I am hopeful but realistic. My kids are not neat by nature. I bug Greg that they take after him..haha. Even a slight improvement would be considered a victory.
8. I would like to shop less and drink even less Starbucks. It sounds really tough but I have to. At least for the month of January (more on that tomorrow).
9. Learn a new skill. Not sure what yet. Maybe sewing? I always think that would be a good skill to have. Think of all the things you could do! I would also like to refinish furniture a lot better.
10. Read more. I get lots of books from the library but they tend to stay in my bag until they are due. I need to quit this and read more. A lot more. I like reading so I am not sure why I don’t. Although ever since I dropped my iPad and iPhone in my bathtub and electronics are now banned from being anywhere near that area, I find myself reading more while bathing. Not as fun as watching tv on my iPad but I will take it.
11. Finally I would like to work on me more. This sounds kinda funny considering the first 10 posts are essentially about me anyways but more then that. It’s hard to explain really. Finley and Penelope ask me all the time what I want to be when I grow up and the answer used to just be a laugh but now it’s more of a “I have no idea”. Penelope will be in grade 1 in 2 years and then I will probably want to go back to work since nobody will be home. But do I want to do? I don’t want just a job, I want something that I love, that I am passionate about. But what? That will be the big test of 2015.