Saturday, 19 January 2013

Flying To Maui

Last Wednesday, we packed up all of our summer clothes and took a plane ride to Maui to visit Greg’s Dad who has been there since October.  The girls were SO excited!
On the bus from the parking lot to the airport.  
Putting all of our luggage and car seats on the carts!!  What a great convenience and I love that they are free in Calgary!!
We met Greg’s Granny Jane at the airport as she had flown in earlier from Saskatoon.  We hung out while we waited to board the plane.  The flight was delayed about a half an hour but the girls were too happy to care.
When we first boarded the plane, the girls were side by side.  We moved the arrangement so that Greg was with one of the girls and I was with the other.
Finley loved all the new toys in her carry on bag.  I bagged toys in different bags according to style of play.  Greg said that was a brilliant idea – thanks Christy + Karen for that great idea!  Finley played with her toys while watching TV.  
Penelope fell asleep during take off and slept for about 3.5 hours.  I was very excited about this.  I wasn’t sure how she would do.  While she slept I watched The Watch which was much better then I expected and Hope Springs which was as predictable as I thought it would be.  When Penelope woke up she watched Despicable Me and played on the ipad.  It was a great flight for the both of us.
Watching the plane fly to Maui.  It was kinda cool to watch the statistics on the TV.  At one point it was -60F which is mighty cold!!
Despite leaving Calgary 30 minutes late, we arrived in Maui 20 minutes early.  I was surprised to find that it was dark outside but it gets dark at 6pm because it is so close to the equator.  I did not know that.  The girls wore the lei’s that their Grandpa Don bought for me and Granny Jane.  Finley loved the lei’s!!
Because of her nap, Penelope was raring to go.
Our mode of transportation for our trip.  I wish SUV’s made their vehicles with power dual sliding doors.  It was a fantastic feature.
Although we arrived in Maui at 7:41 local time, it was nearly 11pm Calgary time and Finley was beat.  She waited in her seat until the van was loaded and ready to go.
The airport was only about 40 minutes from the Condo in Lahaina we were staying at.  It was in the same complex as the one that Grandpa Don and Grandma Jen own.  The girls slept all the way there and easily went to bed!!  They were excited for the adventures the next day would bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment