Monday, 30 November 2015

Invermere Retreat

On Friday, we loaded up the robot, as we like to call Michelle’s car, and headed out to her cottage in BC.  It was a nice drive out there and the trees were all pretty and snow covered.  When we arrived, we headed right to Sobeys so we could load up on snacks and food for the weekend.
Taken from the Sobey’s parking lot.  I knew it would be too dark to take a pretty mountain photo when we left the store or when we got to Michelle’s so it would have to do from this spot.
Friday night consisted of snacks and appetizers, wine and some games.  I bought Heads Up on my iPhone which is a game created by Ellen Degeneres.  It comes with a few free categories and then I bought a few more.  It was a lot of fun.  We then moved over to Apples to Apples which I had never played before and it was a lot of fun.
Saturday morning I was up early and it was way too cold and too dark and too snowy to go running outside there – especially since I am not that familiar with the area so I did a workout at the cottage.  I didn’t bring my yoga mat so I made her furry rug do the trick.  I did a great core workout 3x through and had sore abs for the most of the day so it was definitely an easy but effective workout.
We lounged around for most of Saturday morning before another friend joined us and we headed to Copperpoint Resort for lunch.  I had asian inspired chicken noodle soup which was good but basically it was a glorified ichiban haha; I also had the beat salad and it was AMAZING.  Probably the best meal I have had in a long time.  Everything about it was perfect.
After lunch, we headed downtown Invermere and had some ice cream and did some shopping.  I bought a christmas present for the girls and a bluetooth speaker for my workout area.
A picture taken from a side street off of what I assume is main street but I cannot be certain.  It’s much less quiet then Banff Ave that is for sure.
 On our way back from shopping, Michelle stopped at a booth some guy had in a parking lot selling these deer he made.  She wanted one and negotiated a price and he loaded it in the suv for us.  However, because the antlers were so long and delicate they were resting on the back seat and they had a good chance of being wrecked on the short ride back to the cottage so I had to crawl into the back, since I was the smallest, and hold the deer on my legs so that the antlers didn’t touch the back of the seat.  It was far heavier and colder then I could have ever imagined.  Needless to say, I was pretty excited to get back to Michelle’s house and stretch my legs and get warm.
Before we headed out for supper in the evening, we relaxed with chocolate, chips, popcorn and champagne.  We went to Strands for supper and were treated to a really good meal before we headed back to the cottage where we hit up the hot tub and went to bed.  It was a cold walk to and from the hot tub to the door but it was a great way to wrap up a great day.
Sunday morning, I was again the first person up so i plugged in the Christmas tree, made some tea and did some pinteresting while the other girls slept.  Soon they all got up and Kelly made us breakfast and then we packed up and we were on our way back home to reality.  I had a great weekend away but I was excited to see Greg and the girls.
One of my favourite things or photos I guess, is clouds lower then mountains.  It is always such a pretty thing to see.  This was taken at a gas station in Radium as we were leaving for home.
Thanks Michelle for having us all out for the weekend.  It was a much needed weekend away from the normal grind and a great way to recharge for the craziness of Christmas kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment