I made this from scratch and it turned out great!! The girls hate potatoes of any kind but they LOVE sweet potatoes.
Here are the ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
3 medium sized sweet potatoes
Mixed frozen veggies (I used just peas)
1/2 cup chicken stock
And I threw in some basil, oregano, Italian and epicure’s holiday blend
1. Peel and cube sweet potatoes
2. Steam sweet potatoes
3. While potatoes are steaming, brown the turkey. When almost done, add the broth and spices and mix well
4. Spray a loaf pan
5. Put the meat mixture evenly in the pan
6. Mash the sweet potatoes
7. Cover the meat mixture with the potatoes
8. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top for an extra kick.
9. Put it in the oven and cook. Unfortunately I can’t remember the exact temperature I cooked it at but I am thinking around 400 for about 30 mins.
This was a big hit in my house and incredibly healthy. Greg makes our stock so there isn’t much sodium in it. If you buy your stock I do recommend the epicure one as it is almost no sodium compared to supermarket ones