So this is a new first for me setting monthly goals and I hope it is one that continues going forward. My goal for this is to have a short but attainable list of things I would like to successfully do for the month and then review at the end of the month - what worked, what didn't, why I was successful or not successful - stuff like that.
I did my 37 by 37 goals last December and I turned 37 earlier this month and while I accomplished a lot, I didn't accomplish them all. And it wasn't because I wasn't trying, it's just that I mostly forgot about them over the course of the year. And let's just be real here, September was a gross month that pretty much went down hill after my birthday for a vast variety of reasons. So I am hoping this will get me back on track and set me forward on a new path of health, happiness and wellness.
- Having been injured since the first weekend of September, my workouts have been limited so I am aiming to complete 2 scheduled bootcamp classes each week as well as 2 workouts on my own at home. This does not include my stretching or strengthening because that needs to get done every day. I am hoping that by the end of October, I am able to participate 100% of all my bootcamp workouts and not have to modify any of the exercises.
- Run. I need to start running again. In September, I ran 11.8 km which is my lowest amount of running in a month since I started running 3 years ago. This made me so sad. I was on track to kick 2015's ass in regards to the amount of km I ran but now it will take a miracle for me to reach further then that this year. And that my friends is so disappointing. But for the record, I am not running because I don't want to run but because my physiotherapist wouldn't let me after suffering a high ankle sprain and slight mcl sprain. If I had only one of them injured then I could run but you don't want to overcompensate on something else and have a plethora of problems come out of that. More specifically, my goal is to be able to run 5km consistently without any pain in my ankle.
- Starbucks. It is by my far my worst habit!! My second worst habit would be my consumption of salt and vinegar chips but more on that later. I don't drink pop or juice and I occasionally will have a slurpee or some chocolate milk but other then that I drink water or tea at home. And I almost never drink alcohol at home unless we have friends or family over for something. However, I consume my venti soy no water chai latte nearly every day. I think in September as I write this on the 28th that I didn't have starbucks on 3 days this month. 3!! Do you know how much money that is on starbucks?? I just did the math and nearly fell over. It doesn't seem like much when you buy one drink at a time but it sure adds up over the course of a month. I cut starbucks out of my diet almost exactly a year ago after seeing Madonna in concert. I went 4 months without touching it but then we went to Mexico in January and we were at the airport at like 5am and my jugo juice was gross so I went to starbucks since it was right there. I thought it wouldn't matter because I was going to Mexico for 9 days and I wouldn't want it when I came back. I was wrong, so very wrong. My goal is to eventually eliminate all starbucks from my diet but for now, I am aiming for 2 drinks per week.
- Meal Planning. When I do this I do it well but when I don't, we eat a lot of wraps and grilled cheese sandwiches and yogurt for supper or even worse McDonalds. My goal is to meal plan for the entire month of October and have back up plans for days that get too busy to cook or someone gets sick so that we don't end up eating gross fast food.
- Love Myself More. I am a huge hypocrite when it comes to this because I encourage my girls to do it and I get upset when they don't but yet I am the queen of doing it. I don't do it in front of them but I do it silently in my head all of the time. I am enough and I need to remember that going forward. This I think will be my toughest task to deal with this month and will be ongoing in future months.
Do you have any goals for October??