I was really excited to find out that Ayesha Curry was coming out with her very own cookbook. She has been posting recipes at AyeshaCurry.com and Little Lights of Mine and they have both had some great recipes on there. I didn't enjoy the entire cookbook but I loved a lot of the breakfast and cookie recipes and made my first batch of her cookies last week and they were amazing.
If you are not familiar with Ayesha Curry, she is married to Seth Curry who is the star player on NBA's Golden State Warriors. Greg and I both started following the Warriors a few years ago and have been hooked ever since.
I didn't take any photos from when I made them but here they are in a serving dish before we devoured them all.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Ayesha Curry's The Seasoned Life
⅓ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
2 heaping tsp ground flaxseed (optional)*
1 cup chocolate chips**
flaky sea salt, optional***
- Preheat oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly oil them
- In a large bowl, mash together the softened and melted butter
- Add brown sugar and mix well by hand using a spatula
- Mix in egg and vanilla, then add the flour, baking soda, salt and flaxseed
- Mix until crumbly dough forms - it won't look like smooth batter
- Gently mix in chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into golf sized balls and put on the baking sheet, approximately 6 cookies per sheet, spaced evenly apart.****
- Bake until the edges are just set but the centres are still soft, about 8 minutes
- Sprinkle with salt and cool completely on the baking sheets
* I did use flaxseed in my cookies
**I would probably use less chocolate chips because the dough to chip ratio wasn't right for me
***I used the sea salt at the end like the recipe calls for and I wouldn't do it again
****I put 9 on per pan and it was perfect. I might try 12 next time.