Becky's Top 5 Current Favorite Songs:
- Hands down, my most favourite song right now is Body Like A Back Road by Sam Hunt. I love everything he does and this song is probably one of his best. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it like now. It is fantastic. Just like him. He's hot and if you haven't seen him, go google him. You can thank me later hahaha.
- Kenny Chesney has a new album out and I am obsessed with 2 songs off of that album: Pretty Girls and especially Bucket List. Bucket List is funny song making fun of bucket lists and I appreciate that. These are both on Apple Music and I assume you can find them on YouTube too.
- Something Like This by ColdPlay and The Chainsmokers. This song is fantastic and is on repeat all the time when I am in the car and just even around the house. This is also on Apple Music.
- Chained To The Rhythm - Katy Perry. I am not a huge Katy Perry fan by any means but I really like this song a lot. It's different then most of her bubble gum pop stuff that she typically sings.
- Fast by Luke Bryan. I love everything by him. This song is such a pretty song and reminds me lots of Greg and I especially now that we have kids. Just listen to the lyrics and I bet you will feel the same as me. Plus he is seriously one of the most beautiful people in the whole world.
That's my current top 5 that I have on repeat almost all of the time. Thomas Rhett is releasing a new song today and I am sure that will be on my top 5 by lunch time because he is like Luke + Sam where I love all their music.
- To nobody's surprise, Finley's top 2 favourite songs belong to this artist. Wonderland is still her favourite song despite being release 18 months ago. I still am not a huge fan of this song but Finley sure loves it.
- I Don't Want To Live Forever by Taylor Swift and Zayn (formerly of One Direction) is her second favourite song mostly because it is Taylor Swift and part of One Direction. Her two favourites. This song is from the 50 Shades Darker soundtrack but the song isn't bad for kids to listen to haha.
- Both kids are obsessed with Closer by The Chainsmokers. I used to love this song but when you listen to it 8x on the way home from soccer practice it kinda loses its appeal. One of the guys in the band has the last name Taggart which Finley thinks is the greatest in the whole world.
- Fighter by Keith Urban and Carrie Urban is on her top 5. She doesn't care much for Keith Urban but she loves Carrie Underwood. She watched them perform this song on the grammy's I believe and was in love with Carrie's outfit and officially loved the song. I also love this song but ran out of room on my top 5 haha.
- Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake rounds out her top 5. This is from the Trolls soundtrack which is one of Finley's favourite movies ever. This is a great song that i really love to run to. I start singing and forget about what it is I am doing.
Penelope's Top Five Favorite Songs:
- The first three songs that Penelope currently loves come from the Troll Soundtrack. She listens to them obsessively on her iPad. The first is Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake. How can you not love this song?? It's so freaking catchy and fun. It instantly makes you feel happy and all sunshiny.
- True Colors by Anna Kendrick and Justin Timerlake takes number 2. Listening to Penelope sing this song is one of my favourite past times.
- The Sound of Silence by Anna Kendrick is number 3. She calls it the "hello darkness my old friend" song though hahaha.
- Closer by The Chainsmokers. She is even more obsessed with this song then Finley is if that is even possible hahahah.
- Penelope had a hard time picking a 5th song and decided to give honourable mentions to three songs instead of a 5th: Need You Now by Lady Antebellum, Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham and Manic Monday by The Bangles. Penelope has this knack of remembering lyrics like nobody I know. She can hear a song once and sing it for days and days which is the case with these 3 songs. She may sing the same 3 lines and change it up a little bit but it is the cutest thing hearing her sing Wham or The Bangles.
Apple Music is a great investment and allows me to find so much more new music which is good for running.
What is your favourite song right now?