1. Wrapping paper from Winners! Seriously, running out of wrapping paper and having to go pick out a few more rolls. It's seriously so fun and exciting. I also love wrapping presents. My kids do too but they aren't as good as me and so I sometimes do it at school so I know it's done perfectly. I know, I know, I am the worst mom ever but i have zero shame when it comes to my wrapping game. I wrap every single gift unless it is just an impossible shape in which i can't. Those gifts make me sad.
2. These Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins. These were a huge hit for everybody but Finley which Penelope proclaimed that her portion was hers. She ate 10 muffins yesterday after school when I was putting laundry away. Recipe below the photo!!
Banana Zucchini Muffins
2 cups shredded zucchini
½ cup mashed ripe banana
¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup (I used pure maple syrup)
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and line muffin tin with muffin cups or spray with a cooking spray
- Grate zucchini, then squeeze with paper towel to remove as much excess water as possible. Repeat as needed.
- Melt coconut oil and let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the banana, honey, brown sugar, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth
- Add eggs and make sure they are room temperature or the coconut oil may resolidify. Beat again.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, baking powder and soda and salt over top of the batter and then mix to combine.
- Sprinkle in flour then mix on low speed just until flour disappears. By hand, fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins and let bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minus in the muffin tin and then take out and allow to completely cool.
3. This popcorn that I found at Winners on Tuesday when I was waiting in line to pay for my other items. I am sucker for anything with truffle salt or oil and I was not disappointed by any means. I would offer you a sample of mine but it is too good to share. I actually hid it from Greg and the girls because I didn't want to share hahaha.
That is all my favourites for this week, check back next Friday!