Monday, 12 February 2018

Favorite Kitchen Gadgets

My life has been so boring as of late that I actually had nothing to blog about this week until Friday's post so I googled some blog ideas so be prepared for some interesting topics to come haha. Or maybe they won't be interesting.....who can be certain??  One of the topics I came across that was easy to do from sitting on my couch while watching the olympics was my favorite kitchen gadgets that I use on a daily basis.  I did the few I use daily plus a couple that I love but that we didn't use daily.  All photos were found from google searches so I didn't have to go downstairs and take photos and upload them to my computer and then my blog hahaha. 

  1. a small mechanical or electronic device or tool, especially an ingenious or novel one.

    "a state-of-the-art kitchen with every conceivable gadget"

    synonyms:applianceapparatusinstrumentimplementtoolutensilcontrivancecontraptionmachinemechanismdevice, labor-saving device, convenienceinventionMore

I have two gadgets that I use every single day and I am assuming everyone uses a version of one thing also on a regular basis:

1.  Is my keurig. I use it every day, usually once or twice a day.  Sometimes more but not usually. I bought my own reusable k-cups on amazon right after I got it for christmas a few years ago and fill them with my own tea.  I usually get my tea from steeped tea or locally at Totalitea which has a booth at the Calgary Farmers Market or at The Tea Traders located in Inglewood.  Although if I am using green tea, I just dispense hot water from keurig and use my tea steeper to steep it in my mug.  I don't know why I do this but I do.  

2.  The second gadget that I cannot live without is my Tupperware Breakfast Maker. I bought this a few years ago and use it every day for either breakfast or lunch or sometimes both.  You can do a bunch of things with it but I use it 99% of the time for poached eggs.  You put one egg in each cup along with 3 tbsp of water and put it in the microwave for 75 seconds.  The other 1% is for scrambling eggs for egg salad sandwiches. I cook the eggs without water for about 90 seconds.  I let it cool and then mix with miracle whip (NOT mayonaisse) and put on my bread.  Easy peasy!  If you search for them on the tupperware website you can find them and more things that you can do with them like brownies, omelettes and french toast!

Some of my other favorite kitchen gadgets but I don't use everyday is my blender which I purchased at Sears a year ago.  It is basically a vitamix but wayyyyyy cheaper. A former blogger and fellow instagrammer friend recommended it to me and it has not disappointed.  

I use my kitchen aid mixer a lot.  In fact, I used my first one so much I wore it out.  This one I have had I think for just over 2 years now. I wish that it was white and not black but costco was sold out of the white and it was a good deal and in right in the middle of christmas baking so I couldn't be too picky.  I love mine so much, I can't imagine not having one!

Greg would add to this list his sous vide thing that I bought him for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I have never used it myself but for the most part it makes us fabulous meals on the weekends in the winter.  It is a weird looking machine and even weirder when you know how it cooks the food but it really does work.  You can buy sous vide eggs at starbucks right now and many local restaurants also have sous vide machines that they use.  Offhand, I know that the Blue Star Diner uses one for sure.

I really want an instantpot but greg has not given in to that request.  He claims my crockpot does the same job but after watching This Is Us, I have no urge to ever use mine again hahaha.   I hope that one day I convince him to get one. 

Do you have a favorite kitchen gadget that you absolutely cannot live without??

No comments:

Post a Comment