I read a bunch of books this month and I book number five of August was book number 24 of 2018 which was my goal for the year!! I am so excited that I reached this goal, I missed it by a few last year.
1. Minimalism - The Minimalists - I think I enjoyed the book more than I enjoyed the documentary by them that I watched last year (still streaming on Netflix I believe). It is about eliminating all the extras so you can focus more on living a meaningful life. It is not a long book and is a quick read but it left me with a lot of ideas and got me emptying 3 rubbermaid containers in my basement so that is a positive haha.
2. The Perfect Mother - This was the book club read for July but I didn't get it in time so I read it this month instead. It was a weird book and it felt like 2 different books within one. The ending shocked the shit out of me and made me rethink everything that I just read. Apparently they are also making it into a movie too. This I will have to see!
3. Girl, Wash Your Face - Rachel Hollis - I cannot even tell you how much this book has changed my life. I think I might write a blog post just on this book alone or maybe do a chapter each week or something. It is amazing and if you haven't read it yet, you should really get on it.
4. New Minimalism - Cary Telander Fortin + Kyle Louise Quilici - This book was a hybrid between minimalism and lagom. Some of the chapters were really interesting and some were pretty boring. I struggle between being to minimal and having some character so I (think) I gained a lot from it.
5. A Simplified Life - Emily Ley - Again, the first 2 chapters were fantastic and I learned a lot but I kinda tuned out for the rest of the book.
6. Joyous Detox - Joy McCarthy - she is one of my favorite people to follow on twitter and i love that she is Canadian too. I don't think I would have do a detox but she made some interesting points and I do have some new recipes to try out too.